im sweepy..
I don't usually go for annual checkUps, wherein one spend almost their entire day for blood extractions.
I only have my "hospital visit" whenever there is a predetermined need.

The scare came from this nagging discomfort from my boobie. I have been bothered for almost a week because of the sensitivity on my left breast. My sister is a doctor, and though she didn't feel any lump when she did a manual checkUp, she told me to go to the hospital to have an ultrasound.

On my way to my OB (I need her request for a lab test to use my HMO card), I have been contemplating the outcomes of this exam. Big Scare comes from my family history wherein 2 of my aunts passed away because of breast cancer. And since I took OCP (pcos related) for almost 2 years-without being told of the C scare that might go with it... I am more paranoid than ever.

OB gave me a request for ultrasound together with 4 other lab test related to my PCOS (ultrasound, prolactin, thyroid, glucose test..etc).

The ultrasound wasn't painful at all, just the cold gel they put on your boobie breast. They also don't press hard (I thought they press it hard) and they cover the whole area-even on the sides.

My Result: Normal.


Huge sigh of relief!! I was a happy Sweepy. I even celebrated by treating my folks for a great dinner!


Realization set in: I have to take control of my health, though I know we don't have a complete grasp of 'life' and its uncertainties, I feel (and see) that I should make myself healthier-I owe that to myself and to the people closest to me.. I have been accepting the 'weight gain' for years--and it has changed me drastically (physically, emotionally, financially and mentally). This is a wake up call to be PREVENTIVE than Reactive. I should start now.


And so this blog was born.
0 Responses

Post a Comment